Reading the Times in California

In which I read the New York Times by myself on the west coast, and react to the news.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Lucky numbers

Maybe the Powerball people need to stop drawing their winning numbers from fortune cookies. Apparently, 110 people, playing all six of the "lucky numbers" at the bottom of a fortune-cookie fortune, won second prize. Oops. I love the factory owner's comment:

"That's ours," said Derrick Wong, of Wonton Food, when shown a picture of a winner's cookie slip. "That's very nice, 110 people won the lottery from the numbers."

(Also of note: This is by Jenny 8. Lee, with the awesomest middle name ever, and whom I've actually met. Sigh -- I want to write for the Times some day ...)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A

29 November, 2005 06:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home